FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Registration Deadlines Early Bird Pricing ends ONE MONTH before the event and Registration Closes TWO WEEKS before the event.
- Independent Dancers Independent dancers are welcome to participate in the HEAT workshop, but are not eligible to compete in the competition. Scholarships for Independent dancers will be available, but limited, as we believe a dancer is best served by taking regular classes and being a member of a reputable dance studio.
- Observers Observer wristbands are offered for our convention workshops. It is highly recommended that they be purchased ahead of time through your registration account as there may be limitations at the event. Price: $60 Force dancers receive 1 free band (which they must keep all year)
- MINI Observers – MUST BE REGISTERED AHEAD OF TIME Mini dancers receive ONE free observer wristband. However, observer names must be registered ahead of time through your registration account. Once add, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will waive their fee.
- Teachers are FREE Teachers are free, but must be registered by the time you close registration. The teacher wristband price at the event is $315. Free teachers must be accompanied by a studio and this does not apply to student teachers.
- Can I just participate in competition and not convention workshops? No, dancers MUST participate in our workshop classes in order to compete.
- Can independent dancers compete? No, all dancers must be registered by their studio in order to compete.
- 5 Minimum Routine Requirement For representation in our competition, a minimum of 5 routines are required from the studio.
- 5 Minimum Routine Requirement in New Cities Studios with less than 5 routines are allowed in our new cities: Nashville, Seattle, Cleveland, & St. Louis, however, 5 routines are still required for representation in overalls. If you do not meet the minimum, your routine will only be eligible for adjudication. (adjudication means just score and critiques, no overalls)
- Multiple Solos Dancers are allowed only one solo at competition. In the event that more than one solo is allowed, such as at NEW HEAT CITIES, only the highest adjudicated solo will be eligible for overalls.
- HEAT Financial Scholarship For those wishing to apply, simply write a 500 word essay that gives us more background on you and why you want to join us at HEAT. The essay should also answer the following questions:
- How long have you been dancing and why do you love to dance?
- What do you enjoy about the convention atmosphere?
- Why do you want to attend HEAT?
- What values and principles in our organization draw you to HEAT?
- Who at HEAT would you most like to train with?
- How would a HEAT Scholarship help you and your family?
- Refunds are only given if HEAT cancels the event. No other refunds will be given under any circumstances. For dancer injury or illness, a credit will be issued for a future HEAT event to be used within 1-year of issuance (with proof of doctor’s note).
Adding a Dancer to your Registration:
- 1. Login to your account
- 2. Select “Roster” from the HEAT City you will be attending.
- 3. Click “Create New Students”
- 4. Enter the dancers information and click “Submit”
- 5. Return to Roster and Click the Checkbox next to the dancer you want to add
- 6. Click “Add Students to Events”
- 7. Select the “Type” under the heading “Attending As” and click “Proceed”
- 8. Click to “Proceed to Checkout” and “Submit Registration”